We want to thank Philadelphia Insurance Company for their dedication to our Religious and Non-Profit Insurance clients! Cypress Insurance Group partnered with Philadelphia last week to bring one of the foremost leaders in Abuse Awareness and Prevention, Dr. Gregory Love and Kimberlee Norris, for a Ministry Safe/Abuse Prevention Systems. Cypress is proud to be a part of this ongoing effort to protect all of our children.
What was this seminar about?
Dr. Love discussed his 5-Part Safety System to help organizations prevent abuse. He brought our clients a 3-hour in depth look at not only screening procedures, policies and guidelines, but a much deeper dive into recognizing the behaviors of the offender. Understanding those behaviors and indicators will equip those in ministry, and anyone else working with children to mitigate, and hopefully, eliminate the risk.
What is the 5-Part Safety System?
- Awareness and Training Gives employees and volunteers eyes to see and hear "grooming behaviors"
- Screening Forms and Processes that help screen out High Risk responses from applicants
- Background Checks Which background checks your organization needs depends on the level of access to the children
- Policies and Procedures Policies should be tailored to specific programming. There are no "one-size-fits-all" forms
- Monitoring and Oversight Ensuring that you DO what you SAY you do
How do I get more information about preventing abuse?
Good question! For more information on this program for your organization, call Doug Teuton (954) 771-0300 Ext. 250.
Why is Cypress doing this?
We specialize in the specific insurance needs of religious and non-profit organizations in Florida and want to help manage the risks that affect these organizations.
Will there be more seminars?
Yes! We are currently working on an active shooter response seminar. Please contact Doug Teuton to get more information at (954) 771-0300 ext 250.
Do I have to be a Philadelphia or a Cypress client?
No. We want this information to be available to anyone interested in additional ways to protect children.